Superbly Refreshing Vanilla Frozen Yogurt with Berries
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat plain yogurt, strained
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Wild organic berries
- Mint sprigs
- 1. Combine all ingredients for yogurt in a large mixing bowl. Stir well until combined and spoon into a shallow freezer safe container.
- 2. Place container in freezer and chill until ice crystal form around the edges (45 minutes).
- 3. Using a spatula, scrape ice crystals from edges and mix back into the yogurt. Continue stirring until creamy again (2-3 minutes). Place container back in freezer and repeat two more times, each time the mixture will become harder and thicker to blend. After repeating the process three times, return the container to the freezer for 2-3 hours before consuming.
For a chicer presentation when serving, serve in glass serving cups tops with fresh berries and a mint sprig.
Berries contain disease fighting and age-proofing antioxidants.
Number of servings (yield): 4